[BlindTlk] Computers for the blind

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Thu Apr 18 17:22:13 UTC 2019

It is never a good idea to take a home computer into the workplace!
Even more so if you work for part of the national infrastructure or
government.  Reason for that is simple.  Computers in those workplaces
get hacked regularly.  If you have a separate workplace computer and a
home computer and your workplace computer gets hacked, it's technical
support (help desk) responsibility to fix it.  If you only use your home
computer at home and in work, you could be responsible for any data loss
and any necessary repairs.  If an employer hasn't got enough money to
set you up with a workplace computer and any other office equipment
necessary for you to do your work, that employer is too
under-capitalized to hire you.