[BlindTlk] Question about societal attitudes toward blindness

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 20:21:45 UTC 2019

Yes Judy you were right. They had no clue and the special ed teachers weren’t prepared to work with regular Ed teachers. Not until the 1990s did they start to have collaborative efforts between regular Ed and special ed so that all kids learned it together. I was the only one in my school district with a visual impairment. I hated being a guinea pig, but I sincerely hope that kids coming up behind me got more services.

Ericka Nelson