[BlindTlk] medicare/SSDI question/will medicare deductible amount change when recipient turns 65

joanne countrymom777 at embarqmail.com
Sun Dec 29 21:52:59 UTC 2019

                My friend who is disabled but not blind has received a letter telling him his Medicare deduction will change in 2 months when he turns 65. He has been receiving SSDI and on his birthday month his amount will be, as the letter put it, age-based. I am blind and not 65 till October 2020, what I want to know is will this also apply to those of us who are blind? I ask because I know that there are some differences with blindness exemptions; it's all the same SSDI but there are apparently a few differences regarding blindness. I know that the earnings levels are different for us, and is this the only difference or are there some differences as far as Medicare benefits? I just wasn't sure and hadn't heard deductions might be different upon turning 65. If anyone knows about this I would appreciate any help.

Joanne