[BlindTlk] Introduction

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Fri Feb 15 17:33:40 UTC 2019

Jude DaShiell here.  Interests computer programming Linux all forms of
accessible divination.  A little bit of cryptography.

It's this last interest and the fact I worked for the Navy component of
Department Of Defense for 25 years which causes me to issue a warning
here.
On no account e-mail passwords in the clear!  For those without a
cryptography background I'm writing in clear now which is how you can read
it.
If you must e-mail passwords phone first and arrange for some form of
encryption the sender can do and the reciever can decrypt.  As braille
users, we have a few more options than those that don't use braille for
encryption.  Case in point, the dot numbers in one cell can be converted
first into a single number then into Roman Numerals.  I know of others
including the one time pad ciphers which if cryptographic discipline is
observed can only be decrypted by the intended recipient.  Russia after
World War II. failed to observe one time pad cipher encryption discipline
which is how the United States was reading all of the encrypted traffic
coming out of their Washington Embassy for two years after that War.
Specifically, one time means one time.  But more on that later only if
anyone is interested in reading.
I do not regard divination as superstition either, I regard some of it as
valid forecasting tools and I believe due to information deficits caused
by less than normal sensory availability I at least have a perfect right
to make use of any and all forms of divination that will work for me.