[BlindTlk] Hi, listers

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 21:08:51 UTC 2019

Hello Bob New York! You’re message came through loud and clear.

My husband and I live here in Madison Wisconsin. My husband works in the call center right now but is in the process of getting his accessibility Web testing certification and switching careers. I have had a lot of medical issues and haven’t worked in 10 years but I have renewed my social work license and I am now looking at where to jump back into the workforce. At one time I was an activity assistant in a nursing home. My husband is totally blind now but had better vision growing up. I am what they call functionally Blind. I have some usable vision but it’s not worth diddly squat. Not in the job world really. We both know braille but learned as adults. We’re both pretty good Cain travel folks. I don’t know what else you’d like to know. We keep busy with church, Lions, and spending time with family. We like to be outdoors in good weather. We are avid book reader’s and currently neither of us have a guide dog. I’ve never had one but my husband had to before he decided that he liked the freedom of a cane. I’ll have a guide animal when they can train cats. LOL we have no kids but a finicky old feline named Hunter.

Ericka Nelson