[BlindTlk] Reading TXT and BRF Files on the BrailleNote Touch

kelby carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 13:26:10 UTC 2019

I honestly have no idea why Humanware would remove such basic features that they had to know people would rely on.

It looks like you can open text files in the Victor Reader app, but you are unable to do word searches, which is again a very basic feature of document apps. Any product like this that was released to the sighted public would be laughed off the market. Then again, this is pretty typical of companies that make blindness products; always years behind the sighted equivalents and missing obvious features. This is just an especially bad example. It's clear the future is going to be peripherals that integrate with sighted technology. But the Touch can't even do this successfully because of terrible lag as a Braille display and an inability to stably connect to iOS devices. It's pretty much the worst notetaker I've ever encountered; unfortunately I assumed it would work like an upgraded version of an Apex and I was drastically wrong. It's really surprising, too, because very few of the reviews I have found of the device mention these defects.

Sent from my iPhone