[BlindTlk] Madison's Question about Dog Grooming

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 18:58:40 UTC 2019

Hi, Chris,

This is true that dog handlers pretty much are trained in all aspects of
care for their dogs.  I have had four guides, and have learned a lot.

What a groomer would need to do, though, although there are probably
work'arounds, is work on special cuts that some of the smaller long-haired
dogs and poodles get if the owner requests them.  They do clipper cuts on
some of these guys, and I know there is training for that.

My thinking is, that if blind cosmetologists can do cuts, why not for dog
grooming.  It might be worth talking to a blind cosmetologist regarding hair
cutting methods that work.

The other things they do are apply dog polish, something I have never done,
but the groomer did it for me.

If there were some of the grooming duties a blind person couldn't do, maybe
some job trading would be possible.

A lot of unknowns on my side, but I don't think impossible.

Judy
"Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings."