[BlindTlk] Student job

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Wed May 22 15:51:23 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am all in favor of student jobs, as students are always needing money
anyway.  I wasn't on any disability at the time, although blind, but I would
still work for the experience, the money.

The jobs I had at that age, during the summer, actually my senior year, I
think it was, was working as a clerk typist for the El Paso County
courthouse in Colorado Springs.

The summer of my junior year, I worked in a small nursing home making beds,
dusting, folding laundry, assisting people to the day room if they needed
it, anything a flunkie can do, plus washing up utensils.

My sophomore year, I cleaned house for a teacher who was getting her Masters
and gone during the week, I went over there once a week.  I also did some
telephoning for another teacher who was a concert pianist, inviting people
to attend one of her upcoming concerts.  The list was quite long, but my
first phoning job.

While in college, I interned at summer camps.

Judy
"Embrace the day with its mercies and blessings."