[BlindTlk] FW: SSI change that might be coming

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Sun Oct 6 23:38:19 UTC 2019

Good evening, Kendra,

Found ya again but you have yet to grope me
back!I remember describing my childhood friend,
Tieu whom was adopted from Vietnam in  1991. Tieu
isn't talking to me right now--hope this little fact scares you not.
Carstudent is ready, the teacher will appear",
Author Unknown. Thank you for reading this email!
Also, please note that I have eighth grade
spelling. I'm well known for spelling mistakes.
Ironicly, writing is one of my gifts.
Blessed  Be! Kendra Schaber, Student of Chemeketa
Community College, member of 350.ORG Salem,
Member of the National Federation of the Blind of
Oregon, Capitol Chapter. Writing on my Polaris
Braille Sense. Using both Gmail and Outlook. Go
Detroit, Red Wings! Go Pittsburgh, Penguins! Go
Portland, Winterhawks! Go Baltimore, Oriels!  Go
Baltimore, Ravens! Go Oregon State Beavers,
baseball and football teams!   > On Oct 5, 2019,
at 15:38, Mark Tardif via BlindTlk
<blindtlk at nfbnet.org> wrote: > > In the end
that's all we can do until such time as we call
or email our representatives and senators in
support of this bill. > > > > Mark Tardif >
Nuclear arms will not hold you. > -----Original
Message----- From: PLipovsky via BlindTlk > Sent:
Saturday, October 05, 2019 5:06 PM > To: 'Blind
Talk Mailing List' > Cc: PLipovsky > Subject: Re:
[BlindTlk] FW: SSI change that might be
coming > > We can all speculate, but I personally
am going to wait and see what
happens. > > > > > > -----Original Message----- >
From: BlindTlk <blindtlk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On
Behalf Of Kendra Schaber via BlindTlk > Sent:
Saturday, October 5, 2019 2:20 PM > To: Blind
Talk Mailing List <blindtlk at nfbnet.org> > Cc:
Kendra Schaber <redwing731 at gmail.com> > Subject:
Re: [BlindTlk] FW: SSI change that might be
coming > > Hi all! > I also wonder if it will get
past our so-called president. I personally seen
little evidence that he’s actually there for
the American people. He sertainly isn’t there
for the environment. You don’t have to take my
word for it because it’s all over the
environmental justice world. For the context of
this conversation however, since he’s not there
for the American people, why would he be there
for the disabled and by extention, the blind
community? When it comes to politics, I say
“show me!” Before I jump on board with a
candidate. Meanwhile, I’d be highly impressed
if this bill actually got past the top man in the
White House, even if it does pass congress. Sorry
for the politics!!! I’m just trying to put my
thoughts into context and pointing out the
general complexity of being lucky enough to get
this awesome bill passed into law at the same
time. I’m also expressing just a little of my
thoughts regarding this dynamic. > > > "When the
student is ready, the teacher will appear",
Author Unknown. > Thank you for reading this
email! Also, please note that I have eighth grade
spelling. I'm well known for spelling mistakes.
Ironicly, writing is one of my gifts. >
Blessed  Be! > Kendra Schaber, > Student of
Chemeketa Community College, member of 350.ORG
Salem, Member of the National Federation of the
Blind of Oregon, Capitol Chapter. > Writing on my
Polaris Braille Sense. > Using both Gmail and
Outlook. > Go Detroit, Red Wings! Go Pittsburgh,
Penguins! Go Portland, Winterhawks! Go Baltimore,
Oriels!  Go Baltimore, Ravens! Go Oregon State
Beavers, baseball and football teams! > > >> On
Oct 5, 2019, at 10:44, Mark Tardif via BlindTlk
<blindtlk at nfbnet.org> wrote: >> >> I wasn't going
to say anything, but I wonder the same
thing. >> >> >> >> Mark Tardif >> Nuclear arms
will not hold you. >> -----Original Message-----
From: Pamela Dominguez via BlindTlk >> Sent:
Saturday, October 05, 2019 12:16 PM >> To: Blind
Talk Mailing List >> Cc: Pamela Dominguez >>
Subject: Re: [BlindTlk] FW: SSI change that might
be coming >> >> That sounds good, and about
time.  But do you really think this will >> make
it all the way through and pass, and not be
vetowed by the president? Pam. >> >>
-----Original Message----- From: Eric Calhoun via
BlindTlk >> Sent: Friday, October 04, 2019 2:36
PM >> To: blindtlk at nfbnet.org >> Cc: Eric
Calhoun >> Subject: [BlindTlk] FW: SSI change
that might be coming >> >>
Blindness-related.  What do you think? >> >> >>
Original Message: >> From: Football john
<johnsnflrox at gmail.com> >> To:
undisclosed-recipients: ; >> Subject: SSI change
that might be coming >> Date: >> Fri, 4 Oct 2019
13:10:43 -0400 >> >> SSI change that might be
coming >> A bill introduced in Congress would
give more flexibility to people >> receiving
Supplemental Security Income benefits.
(Disability Scoop) >> >> People with disabilities
who receive Supplemental Security Income >> would
be allowed to keep substantially more assets and
would no longer >> be penalized for marrying
under a new proposal. >> >> Currently, in order
to retain benefits, SSI recipients generally
can >> have no more than $2,000 to their name at
any given time. >> >> Lawmakers in the U.S. House
of Representatives are looking to >>
significantly increase that ceiling, with a bill
introduced this month >> that would raise SSI's
asset limit to $10,000 for an individual and >>
$20,000 for couples. >> >> In addition, the
Supplemental Security Income Restoration Act, or
H.R. >> 4280, would increase the amount of
disregarded income that >> beneficiaries can take
in each month. And, the bill would repeal >>
penalties for marrying or receiving financial,
food and housing >> assistance from family
members. >> >> Backers say the time has come to
update Social Security's SSI program, >> which
has remained largely static since 1972. >> >>
"This issue is one I have heard about directly
from autism advocates >> and families in our
district, particularly parents preparing for >>
children with disabilities to transition into
adulthood," said Rep. >> Elissa Slotkin, D-Mich.,
who introduced the measure along with Rep. >>
Raúl Grijalva, D-Ariz. "This bill brings the
Supplemental Security >> Income (SSI) program's
outdated limits up to speed with inflation - a >>
common-sense adjustment that will make a huge
difference for >> >> individuals and families
caring for someone with disabilities." >> >> >>
get your account info for >> BlindTlk: >>
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindtlk_nfbnet.org/pammygirl99%40gm
 >> ail.com >> >> >> -- >> This email has been
checked for viruses by AVG. >>
https://www.avg.com >> >> >>
get your account info for BlindTlk: >
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindtlk_nfbnet.org/redwing731%40gmail.com