[BlindTlk] opening attachments with thunderbirdf

Humberto Avila humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com
Mon Oct 7 00:43:33 UTC 2019

Dear Sheila,

Thanks for asking your tech question. I am sure you can find helpful responses. In the mean time, you may check out the GUI-tlak mailing list where people discuss aspects of the computer a s blind person. You may subscribe by sending an email to gui-talk-request at nfbnet.org<mailto:gui-talk-request at nfbnet.org> with the subject line "Subscribe."

Given that it's the weekend, and you don't feel like running everywhere tomorrow Monday, I will be nice enough today to tell you how to open attachments in Thunderbird. 😊

1.  Open the message in question, when you are in the message list, by pressing the Enter key.

2.  Type the keystroke ALT+M to get to the message menu.

3.  Type H to get to the Attachments submenu.

4.  You will see the attachment listed as a submenu, if there are more than one you will see all of them, but if there is just one or more regardless, open the submenu with the right arrow, or the enter key, and you will see options like "Open," "Save," and "detach."

Hope this helps a bit!!

Best,

Humberto

[JAWS Certified, 2019]<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>