[BlindTlk] Does anyone have experience with bulb bus stops?

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 19:33:08 UTC 2019

I see what you mean about the floating stops. Yes that is not good for us. There’s a lot of construction near my apartment building and they closed a lane to have the bus stop so we could get out on the island. We had to cross two loads of traffic from that island to get to our side of the street. Nobody paid attention and it was pretty nerve-racking. My husband and I are good travelers but this just didn’t feel safe so we gave up and found other ways to get places. The construction is still going on and has been since April. I do not recommend anyone go to floating bus stops or stopping in unsafe places randomly. 30 years ago it probably would’ve been OK to some degree because drivers were more aware of their surroundings. Now I question the abilities of any person with a drivers license!

Ericka Nelson