[BlindTlk] the Ninja foodi: useable by the blind or not?

Peter Wolf pwolf1 at wolfskills.com
Wed Oct 23 17:09:57 UTC 2019

Ray,

We have a product called instant pot, which seems to be about the same as a ninja pot.  We love it.   For comparison, their website is instantpot.com.   I mention ours because I cannot tell if ninja pot has raised buttons or another tactile indicator for the controls.  Ours does.   It seems to have about the same functions, with each function and adjustment control, being a button on the front of the unit.  But, each button has a slightly raised, domed surface.

There’s the low and high pressure cooker setting stuff, timer, etc.. But also for cooking different things, there is a button for each.  For example, if we want to cook brown rice, the second raised button down from the top right corner is the whole grain setting.  You just dump the rice in, cover with water, close it up and push that button.  It cycles through cooking, which in that case is 40 minutes, then drops into hold mode, keeping it warm until you turn it off.

We have also done other things such as pressure cooking.  The pressure cooker business is fantastic by the way, because unlike having to monitor the just right amount of heat (guess), and time until it goes dry or burns up inside (guess)…it runs both temperature and end of cooking timer.

This cannister is also stainless, not the non-stick teflon coated stuff, which is now known to be toxic as it wears.  As long as I’m out here, broadcasting the coolness of this unit…remember that if you are cooking in any of these pots, whether stainless or the teflon coating types, never, never scrub abrasively.  Soak it overnight, then use a brush the next day.  That way, the cooking surface inside the pot will remain smooth and relatively non-stick, and won’t develop sticking areas, which will eventually always need abrasive scrubbing and will burn food there.    Bon appetite!

Peter

Connecting With the Wisdom of the Earth
Executive & individual coaching, consultation, and nature-based facilitation
www. Wolf Leadership Institute . com
707. 829 - 0776