[BlindTlk] something you probably didn't learn in blind rehab

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Fri Sep 6 18:42:36 UTC 2019

For canned products that have keys to open the cans sometimes the key will
break before it removes the metal strip and opens the can for you.
When that happens, use a standard hand-operated can opener and normally
for right-handed people where you would turn the lever forward to open the
can, turn the lever backward and the can will open for you.  Yesterday I
had one of those rectangle-shaped cans of hash for Breakfast and that's
how I got it open.  I had to figure that one out on my own yesterday too.
Why this works, I do not know but when another key breaks on me I'll try
this again before giving up and throwing the can in the trash.