[BlindTlk] Monitoring steps with iPhone or Apple watch?

Tom Cramer tom.cramer1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 00:45:01 UTC 2019

Hello.  I've been asked if I wanted to join a group of people who will
begin monitoring their steps on a daily basis.  A goal will be set and
I guess we'll keep track of and report our steps weekly.
People told me I can do this using either my iPhone or Apple Watch.
I'd love to know what I need to do in order to do this, especially
since I wear my watch all the time.  I'm guessing it's in the Health
app, but I am not sure what to do or activate from there. And, do I
need to activate this on the phone before I use my watch?
Thanks for any help.
Tom