[BlindTlk] [computer game] BlindMaster v0.9

Mateusz Viste mateusz at viste.fr
Wed Apr 1 07:56:55 UTC 2020

Hello Humberto,

I'm glad you liked the game. BlindMaster is multi platform, in the sense
that it does not rely on any specific OS features. Myself, I distribute
it only for Windows and Linux, through the game's website. It surely
could be made a mac package, but I don't have a mac so I cannot prepare
such package, it would require someone fluent with mac development tools.

A smartphone version would be definitely cool, yes. Unfortunately I miss
experience on that front as well. BlindMaster is an open-source project,
so perhaps one day someone will port it to other platforms, who knows.

The voices are not very good, but thank you nonetheless for your
enthusiasm. Using Windows TTS would be an option, but then the game
would not be portable any more. Actually, it uses pre-recorded messages,
so the solution is simply to record better, human voices. Kevin on this
list kindly proposed his help, I am in touch with him off list. I was
planning to record a better voice myself, but it is kind of hard to get
such thing done nowadays while stuck at home with 2 kids screaming all
day round. Also my english skills are rather poor, it would be much
better the recordings to be done by a native speaker. Myself, I will
record a proper polish voice, as soon as I find a way to get rid of the
kids.

The choice of words may also be suboptimal - any suggestions are welcome
of course. "Inputs" instead of "Propositions" sounds fine. Shorter is
certainly better, as it makes the game dynamics more interesting.

best,
Mateusz