[BlindTlk] Guidance for starting a blog

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Apr 6 17:02:34 UTC 2020

You want to share anything on line, first know how to and arrange for
viable backups.  Viable means backups that can be disconnected from
computer and internet and stored away in a file cabinet drawer if
necessary.  Second thing to arrange is files protection so files for you
are read/write and for everyone else read only.  These two steps partly
protect your files from defacement.  After that, find yourself a good
blogging platform and learn to use it for your operating system and
learn completely.  Then you can start blogging and backing up if you put
new content up as you go.  New content should probably go onto your
backup media first then be copied to a user directory with the backup
media disconnected from your computer and internet then you use your
blogging platform to publish what you just put onto your computer.  Of
course change the attributes to read/write for you and read only for
everyone else on the backup copy of your new material before you copy it
onto your user directory on your computer.  When it goes online, it
won't loose those attributes.  Many bloggers and webmasters have failed
to take these precautions and they paid the price.  Good luck.