[BlindTlk] LCB and Hurricane Laura

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 15:30:46 UTC 2020

Chris, thanks for letting us know.

Sherri

-----Original Message-----
From: BlindTlk [mailto:blindtlk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Chris
Nusbaum via BlindTlk
Sent: Saturday, August 29, 2020 12:04 PM
To: 'Blind Talk Mailing List' <blindtlk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Chris Nusbaum <cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com>
Subject: [BlindTlk] LCB and Hurricane Laura

Good Morning Humberto and All:

Humberto, thank you for asking about the Louisiana Center for the Blind and
the surrounding area. I'm an alumnus of LCB and have been keeping in touch
with staff, current students and alumni who are in the area. Fortunately,
Ruston, the town where the Center is located, is in the northern part of the
state, which was not hit relatively hard. However, they have been without
power for the past 48 hours, and I believe their power is still out. Those
in the LCB community who live in south Louisiana, particularly those in the
Lake Charles area, have suffered severe damage as a result of the hurricane.
Let's continue to keep them in our prayers.

Warmly,,

Chris

Christopher A. Nusbaum, Board Member

Performing Arts Division

Phone: (443) 547-2409

Email: cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com <mailto:cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com>

Twitter: @Chrisn98 and @nfb_pad

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done
without hope and confidence." -Helen Keller