[BlindTlk] Action Required - Time Sensitive - need immediate feedback on ACAA form accessibility

Raul A. Gallegos (NFB) rgallegos at nagdu.org
Sat Dec 19 23:39:42 UTC 2020

Hello everyone, this is extremely time sensitive. Attached are two PDFs
from the Department of Transportation. These proposed forms are part of
the new ruling of the Air Carrier Access Act, ACAA, which will go into
effect on January 11, 2021. One aspect of the new ruling is that
airlines may require travelers with service dogs to fill out one or both
of these forms when flying with a guide dog. While we are still having
conversations with the Department of Transportation about the having to
possibly use these forms in the first place, we still need to give them
feedback on the accessibility and usability of them.

I have received a request that we test these two forms as quickly as
possible so we can give our compiled feedback to the Department of
Transportation. If you are able to provide feedback on the accessibility
and usability of these forms, please email me directly at
rgallegos at nagdu.org no later than 7 PM Central time tomorrow, Sunday,
December 20, 2020. In anticipation of receiving a lot of email about
this, please use the subject, "ACAA Form Feedback" so that I can best
filter out your messages.

I have attached these forms to this email, but in case the attachments
don't work, I have also provided direct-download links to these forms.

Thank you.

File 1: Service Animals - Form  Health Behavioral Training.pdf
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19m4hT60e9THXc54hV5bMyYR1tSTsmKlZ/view?usp=sharing

File 2: Service Animals - Relief Form.pdf
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U0qGMagSi3sZWxiunHWLwuVBvDvnA_cw/view?usp=sharing

--
Raul A. Gallegos
President: National Association of Guide Dog Users
832.554.7285  |  RGallegos at nagdu.org

"Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap." -- Dr. Kenneth Jernigan