[BlindTlk] not terribly helpful

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Thu Jun 4 07:13:00 UTC 2020

I tried downloading PRVX671B.ZIP from nfb's file resources and found the
zip file broken.  It was impossible to extract since it was missing a
central directory.  It would be helpful if broken files cannot be replaced
to have them removed from this and other web sites.
As it is, I've been trying to come up with a valid version of provox that
will run a litetalk speech synthesizer for a friend who probably will not
live to witness the 2021 New Year.  He has a dos box and I sent him that
synthesizer and may have sent him the provox software except my floppy
drive is broken so I couldn't verify that on this end.  His Linux machine
has no floppy drive of course and neither of us have usb floppy drives.
He has a dectalk express synthesizer he told me is dead and I think he
lost the software for that too.  Downloading blindness-related files from
nfbnet is dangerous since the zip files may all be broken.