[BlindTlk] Practicing Social Distancing as a Blind Person?

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Sat Mar 28 23:20:05 UTC 2020

In our complex, a lot of the chairs in the common areas are set well apart
from each other.  They've also removed the tables in our big community room
to discourage sitting close together.  When it comes to getting restaurant
delivery orders, there are restaurants here that will take your debit or
credit card number over the phone or on-line and then the delivery person
will buzz you or knock on your door to let you know the order is there and
then leave while you pick it up.  I suspect that's true in most areas now.
There are some situations which make it very difficult to social distance.
For example, if you are moving through a crowded grocery store, that can
make it difficult.  What some people do here is go into our grocery store
very early in the morning, before the big crowds show up and do their
shopping then.  These social distancing guidelines are that, guidelines.
You probably won't always follow them perfectly.  Just take a good look at
what you normally do, see what you can change, then just do the best you
can.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.