[BlindTlk] Messages

David Andrews dandrews920 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 20 02:46:06 UTC 2020

I am the list owner, and Moderator.  Generally I try to use a light
hand -- the act of moderating a list sometimes causes more problems
then it solves.

Having said that I will say that there have been a lot of messages in
the past few days.  This is a place where I hope people can share,
give and take advice, and support each other. However, here are a few provisos:

The list is publicly archived to you may want to watch the personal stuff.

You don't have to respond to each and every message. If you are
posting 20 or 30 messages a day -- it is probably too much.

One approach is to read from the bottom up, so you don't repeat
anything that has been said.

If you post, make sure it adds to the thread. Stuff like "I agree" or
Yes don't add anything.

You can also e-mail privately to people. I know the address can be
hard to find, some people put it in their signature. You can also try
a reply-all, shift-control-r in many mail programs, and look at the
too field. It will probably show the list address, and the
originator's address. Just edit out the list address. The address you
want may be in the CC field also, it just depends on your mail program.

Thank you for considering my thoughts. People are starting to get
frustrated, so be careful, and gentle with each other.

David Andrews, Moderator