[BlindTlk] exciting news

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 19:26:27 UTC 2020

Very good.

-----Original Message-----
From: BlindTlk <blindtlk-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Madison Martin via
BlindTlk
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2020 10:53 AM
To: blindtlk at nfbnet.org
Cc: maddymartin at mymts.net
Subject: [BlindTlk] exciting news

Hi all,
I know that most of you don't know who this guy is, and this isn't blindness
related, but I just had to share. As my last post to the list was negative I
figured I'd share something positive that's happened in my life. I've been a
baseball fan for 5 years, and the Jays TV announcers are really grate at
what they do, if it wasn't for them I can honestly say that I wouldn't still
be watching baseball. When I first started watching I knew nothing about the
game (the rules
etc.) or anything about the players. Through them I learned about the game
and more importantly got to know the players. The one announcer in
particular (Buck
Martinez) is really entertaining, but also really good at describing the
game!
Anyway I've been wanting to write to him to tell him what a grate job he
does and that sort of thing, but I never had the nerve to do it, I was
afraid that he wouldn't understand or wouldn't respond. Anyway a few months
ago I just decided that I was going to bite the bullit and do it, so I went
online and found his mailing address, but it was during the season so I
didn't do it because I figured he'd be too busy. Well then one of my
favourite hockey announcers retired, and that made me even more determined
to connect with Buck.
Well when I went online again I couldn't find the mailing address that I'd
found previously. I'm a member of a few Jays fan groups on FB, so I posted
to see if anyone knew or could find Buck's mailing address. I got tones of
comments with tones of suggestions, but the one that made it happen was one
of the members of one of the groups offered to copy my post and tweet it to
the guy (Jamie
Campbell) who hosts the Blue Jays Central pre and post-game shows. He
responded and contacted Sportsnet (which is the chanel that carries all Jays
games and employs the announcers) and they reached out to Buck and explained
the situation and he agreed to give them his personal email address to give
to me, as long as I agreed not to share it with anyone, not that I would've
anyway. I'd reached out to Sportsnet twice previously, both times during the
season, and I guess my email got missed as they receive so many messages.
Anyway, not sure why I was afraid to write to him, he's been grate and he
understands how important good announcers are to people like me who can't
see!!!! Wish I'd just written him a letter 5 years ago! Plenty of sighted
Jays fans (including Dad) love him too!! Anyway that's the story. Thank
goodness for Twitter and for Jamie being a nice guy, I sent him a thank-you
note along with the lady who tweeted him. Now I just hope that we can get to
another Jays game and meet Buck before he retires (he's 76 or something),
I'm not looking forward to the day he retires, no one will ever be able to
replace Buck. Just couldn't resist sharing!
Madison