[BlindTlk] Taking the plunge on a new TV!

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 22:00:14 UTC 2020

Well, We have them, have had them for years, but I would say, as with
seeking access as with any device, know going in, the questions you want to
ask.

All I had to do is have them check the settings menu under Accessibility,
and you can have them activate it right there, if you're buying the item in
the store.

Otherwise, you give them your TV make and model number, and they will be
able to help you through any menus to get the TV on.  I have had friends who
have done this successfully with sighted help over the phone when a certain
TV did not come screen-reader user-friendly out of the box.

Also, an FYI, if you feel the Geek Squad agent answering your call is not
fluent enough in English, on any customer service line, you can request to
speak to someone in the United States.