[BlindTlk] Obtaining a legal size signature guide

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sat Sep 12 22:08:38 UTC 2020

A marks writing guide which was a clipboard with a bar down the left
side on which a carriage could be moved may be available.  The carriage
had a wire connected to it in two spots.  The two spots were 3/4 inch
apart and the wire had a metal block on it that could be moved left or
right to the end of the board.  You wrote between those two wires and
then moved the carriage down one click to write on the next line.  I had
one of those guides a few years ago.  Legal signature space is usually
3/4 inch high by 3 inches wide.  If I were making one of those from
cardboard,  I'd use a crafting stylus to trace lines first then use the
tip of a sharp knife to cut along the tracing through the cardboard and
an ice pick or awl would work even better.  A 3x5 card could be used for
the 3 inch measurement and I'd have to find something to measure that
would be 3/4 inches wide to trace the other lines.  Anyone that's
totally blind probably ought to spend some practice time drawing in
sculpie so you can feel how you draw each signature and match that up in
your brain with how it's been drawn in the sculpie.  As people get
older, their handwriting and signatures also deteriorate with age
without such practice.