[BlindTlk] VoiceOver and typing speed

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 16:20:17 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,
I currently use a Braillenote, an iPhone, and a PC. I can type relatively quickly on a Braille keyboard, and have always liked writing. When I'm using my Braillenote alone, this works great and I get lots of writing done. However, when typing and connecting to my iPhone, VoiceOver cannot keep up with my typing speed, and I'm noticing this even more with IOS 14. Occasionally, words are cut off, and sometimes, when I'm quickly writing two words, they will interchange. It's particularly noticeable on Mail and Pages.
I wanted to ask if anyone who can type quickly on a Braille keyboard has found a writing application with VoiceOver which allows them to do so?
Thanks,
Vejas