[BlindTlk] Updating Zoom

Humberto Avila humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com
Sat Dec 4 03:50:17 UTC 2021

Hello Daniela.

I would suggest going into the settings, and there should be an updates section. If not, under your account menu. I am not entirely sure though since my Zoom always updates automatically and don't usually have to hunt around for updates.

If that doesn't work, try this Web address:

https://www.ninite.com/
This is a site where you can automatically download and install common PC apps. There should be a checkbox right on the home page to check to download the Zoom client, alongside many others including browsers and such. Pressing the “Get your Ninite” button will get you a custom made installer that you can download, run and install apps you have selected including Zoom. The nice thing is, you can always run that installer file and it'll always override any installed app from the list you've told it to install, so you're always up to date.

Anyways, that's it for me. You can always check out the GUI-talk mailing list as well, from NFB-net. There you can ask your tech- and blindness- related questions.

Best wishes, and happy zooming!

Humberto

“Be kind; for everyone you meet is fighting a really hard battle.” — πλατο