[BlindTlk] QUESTION about Emojis when Interacting with Sighted People

Humberto Avila humberto_avila.it104 at outlook.com
Thu Dec 9 23:22:07 UTC 2021

Hello Everybody.

I hope you are doing well and in good spirits for the season.

I am just wondering if there is some sort of protocol, document or some layperson's curtesy rules for which digital emoji is used where and how? Sometimes, when I interact with sighted folks online or through text messages, they use some emojis interchangably or some emojis I don't have a clear picture, as a congenitally blind person, how to use or what the heck they mean even though VoiceOver, NVDA or other AT may describe them neatly and flawlessly. What does it mean when someone uses the rolling eyes emoji, for instance?

Perhaps something that fully describes what each emoji or set of emojis were meant to convey might be helpful. Googling isn't helping me achieve this goal. :)

Thanks for any assistance you may provide in advance and hopefully what I am asking makes sense.

Sincerely,

Humberto

“Be kind; for everyone you meet is fighting a really hard battle.” — πλατο