[BlindTlk] fcc complaint remains open

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Wed Feb 10 00:58:12 UTC 2021

To the best of my knowledge, verizon hasn't yet got the remote batteries
dying message speaking on text to speech in verizon fios.  I intend to
keep my ticket open until that software upgrade goes system-wide.  Random
channels happen with dying batteries in the remote but for now text to
speech only flashes a message sighted can see and blind cannot hear on the
tv screen.
Two things I find when batteries are in normal operating charge levels.
First channel numbers need keying in quickly.
If you end up on a random channel anyway, try hitting the exit button four
times then try keying in your channel selection again.  Sometimes you end
up in the remote in places that don't accept channel numbers so using the
exit button this way gets the remote's attention.