[BlindTlk] Screen Reader Toolbox

pmdonahue2 at gmail.com pmdonahue2 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 02:03:15 UTC 2021

Good evening everyone,

	We've heard numerous blind people say that it helps to use several screen readers for the best results where accessing applications and Internet resources is concerned. If you don't like JAWS and feel more comfortable using another screen reader and get the desired results that's awesome!We learned the hard way that creating additional sources to cove3r the cost of access technology is a must! Like some on this list we too started out on Social Security but responded positively when opportunity knocked and can now cover the cost of access technology and other life necessities. We were reminded of the failure to do this when our milk almost ran out several days ago. Had we not listened to those who felt we didn't need a deep freezer this wouldn't have happened to us. Lesson learned!

	All of this is to say that it's a good idea to master as much adaptive technology including screen readers as possible  and to develop the means to keep them up-to-date and in good working order should times get rough, bad decisions are made, or if you wish to switch between screen readers to determine which one works best in a given situation.

Peter Donahue