[BlindTlk] Waving at Someone

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 02:05:23 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have never been fully sighted, but I do remember as a kid my parents telling me to wave, so they must have taught me.  It can be anything from a hand raised toward the person and waggling your fingers, to simply raising your hand  at eye level.

If your hands are full, try a nod toward the person.

When you're really trying to grab someone's attention in a big way from a distance, the bigger the wave.

The only way I know this is by growing up around demonstrative people and society and observing.  I must have been shown as a small child, for I can't see any motions like that.

Pay attention in books when authors are describing people's body language.