[BlindTlk] Embossers

Heather Field missheather at comcast.net
Thu Jul 15 01:38:48 UTC 2021

Hello Jim,
I highly recommend the Everest-D V5 braille embosser.
It uses cut-sheet paper, so no need for tractor feed paper, which means a document is immediately ready for binding and use when embossing is finished.
No need for tearing apart and de-edging of fan-fold pages; so incredibly frustrating and time-consuming for a high volume braille user. It also means that you can buy and use whatever size and weight of paper you want from your local office supplies store. I keep a supply of actual braille paper for embossing documents which I want to keep and reread, such as books, speeches etc. I use lighter weight and/or smaller paper for short-term documents, such as working drafts, worklists, weekly schedules etc. Very convenient and cost effective.

The Everest D V5 is made in Sweden so lots of great features. Is designed to be used without sight and is very current with connectivity options. The embosser comes with its own proprietary editing and conversion programme, so no need for costly licenced 3rd-party software, like Duxbury, or other, less costly buggy or unsupported software.
Embossers are sold and serviced here in the U.S.

I had my first one for 14 years and only stopped using it because it was so old I couldn’t connect it to my new computer, which required usb connection.
During that time, I had it service, and repaired once.
It isn’t portable but, since it stands upright and drops sheets down directly under it as each one is embossed, the footprint is much smaller than typical, tractor-feed embossers.
Both an acoustic hood, or more expensive and quieter, acoustic cabinet are available.
I don’t have any connection to Index braille, other than as happy customer.
I strongly encourage you to go to the Index Braille website and check it out.
Then you can chat with the Index Braille folks. I’ve posted a bit of info below from their website.
Happy shopping.
Warmly,
Heather Field

Everest-D is the most popular sheet-fed Braille embosser in the world, since 1992. It is a stable printer, supporting heavy braille printing.
• 140 characters per second
• Automatic sheet feeder holding 50 pages
• Automatic booklet format printing
• Dot forming hight 0,58 mm
• Braille and text labeled control panel
• Link to Everst Acoustic Hood
• Link to Index YouTube Playlist
Everest-D V5: cut sheet-fed braille printer - Everest-D is a reliable braille embosser with a 50-pages automatic sheet feeder. Everest-D is a reliable braille embosser with a 50-pages automatic sheet feeder.
$4,395.00
CurrencyUSD
Factory stock
Available