[BlindTlk] House Cleaning

Margaret Ricciardi nocyou at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 17:24:56 UTC 2021

One of our cats broke a glass when no one was home. It was on a bare floor, so, I used a wet towel to get the big pieces and then used the vacuum. I kept going until I didn't hear it picking anything else up. My sister checked when she got home, she didn't see a thing. Sometimes, I will take a dish out of the cabinet and I will feel a spot that isn't clean. I know it wasn't a dish that I have used. Even sighted people miss things. Sighted people get house cleaners too. So, nothing wrong with that.
Peggy & Dixie Marie

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jul 20, 2021, at 5:05 PM, Judy Jones via BlindTlk <blindtlk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> As with anything else, sweep it up.
>
> Glass breaking can shatter and spread a bit.  Be very careful to tread lightly and move slowly when cleaning broken glass.  Pick up the big pieces first and carry a baggie or small something with you to dump the shards in, so you don't have to travel from the trash can to the broken glass area.
>
> When you are pretty sure you've gotten the big pieces, use a vacuum to suck up the splintery pieces.
>
> It might be worthwhile for you to really invest in  a suck-up kind of vacuum, as I think this is the safest way and most efficient way to do this.
>
> I have seen recommendations of mopping up with a wet towel or wet mop, as the tiny splinters will stick to the wet rag.
>
> You have said that you only mop, I am assuming this means a dust mop, and if this is all you have, sweep everything into your dust pan.
>
> Judy

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindtlk_nfbnet.org/portillo.jim%40
>>> g
>>> mail.c