[BlindTlk] House cleaning

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 22:30:06 UTC 2021

Ah!  Very good idea

Another thing to think about.  All of us miss spots or areas, sighted people do to.

The difference lies in how we detect what is around us.

In building concepts, the sighted person takes in an area as a whole, viewing through the eyes all at once, then focuses in on the details.

As blind persons, in building concepts, we use the details to piece together into the whole, just the opposite.  For a sighted person to police an area, all they have to do is look around, then focus in.  For us, to police an area we have to systematically check an area.