[BlindTlk] Lessons or classes

Tom Cramer tom.cramer1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 05:19:56 UTC 2021

Hi,
When I was a kid, I was given not one but two abacuses because I was
told it would be good for me to learn to use them for math and in
every day life involving numbers. I never did learn, and when I later
asked questions about it, I was told not to worry about it because of
calculators and Braille.
I recently found them in my stuff, and I wonder if I can and should
still learn to use them. I'm taking some college classes, including
basic Math classes, and I thought maybe they would be helpful.
Are there books or classes I can take that will take me through more
than just very basic use?
Do blind people still use an abacus, and am I weird for wanting to
learn it to help me in class?
TOm