[BlindTlk] dealing with and helping blind/vissually impaired people

Jody ianuzzi thunderwalker321 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 19:17:16 UTC 2021

One of my favorite quotes is “ we must be the change we wish to see in the world“ which was said by Gandhi. My theory is that and all situations I act confident and act the way I expect to be treated. And that usually happens. If people have a problem with my blindness then that is their problem not mine.  I also usually try to break the ice with humor. On one occasion someone accidentally walked in front of me and said oh I’m sorry I didn’t see you, my response was that’s OK I didn’t see you either and we both laughed.

If you act confident and assertive without being obnoxious and take control of the situation that usually goes well.  if someone ask the person that I’m with but I would like I usually respond in the third person and say she would like whatever.  If someone does something inappropriate or say something inappropriate I might politely say that silly or that’s inappropriate.  If they are really obnoxious about it I can be obnoxious to.  I might respond with my favorite expression of an indignant excuse me? Or maybe even you’re kidding right?

JODY

To Boldly Go  🖖🏻

thunderwalker321 at gmail.com

"What's within you is stronger than what's in your way."  NO BARRIERS  Erik Weihenmayer