[BlindTlk] What happens to people that are born blind when they become adults? I need to be this specific.

Elizabeth Campbell batescampbell at gmail.com
Mon May 17 04:12:35 UTC 2021

Hello Kerry, I've been blind from birth. I grew up in Omaha Nebraska where
I went to public schools except for second and third grades when I attended
the Nebraska School for the Blind to learn Braille as I was not getting
good instruction in my school district.
I then returned to public school where i graduated from high school. I went
to college and now live and work in Texas. As others have said, there are
many factors that come in to play. IN my case, I got travel training from
the Nebraska Services for the Blind and also learned other skills like
cooking, doing laundry and so forth. I also learned a great deal from just
trial and error.
Hope this helps.

--
Elizabeth Campbell