[BlindTlk] What happens to people that are born blind when they become adults? I need to be this specific.

Sheila sheila.leigland at gmail.com
Mon May 17 14:44:18 UTC 2021

here in Montana, as far as I know, there are no day programs
specifically for blind people. The people that I know that were born
blind, have gone to publlic school, some have gone to the school for the
deaf and blind. some of us have college degrees and have married and
raised families. some have worked. We as a group have basically done
what others in society have done with or without really good services.
The more my husband and I do without assistance, the better we like it.
We know how important independence is because it gives us the right to
choose how we live our lives as blind people and people in general