[BlindTlk] drops

portillo.jim at gmail.com portillo.jim at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 03:09:49 UTC 2021

Howdy,

I’m going to take advantage of the network this list offers. 😊

I went to the doctor today, and I was prescribed some medication that involved taking ear drops, two to three times a day for the next week. I’ve only needed ear drops two or three times before, and that was when I was much younger. My question is this.

Can I, as a blind person, independently deal with or administer them? If so, what are some good or easy techniques? I suppose I could just guess as to how much has gone into each ear, but because they’re prescribed, I don’t want to waste anything.

I could ask a friend to come over, but I also don’t want her to drop what she’s doing and come three times a day for the next week, unless it’s necessary.

So, if anyone has some good and effective methods, please let me know.

Thank you.

Jim