[BlindTlk] A Question about Free Matter for the Blind

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 04:49:00 UTC 2021

Oh!  It's through USPS.  When scheduling a package pickup from the carrier.
In my case, I live in a county with communal mailbox pickups, so if I have a
package at the house, or something from NLS that won't fit in the letter
drop, I schedule the pickup on USPS.

I've lived in places where the mailbox is right at your door on the porch,
and your carrier gets to know you and sees packages that you put out for
him.  I used to leave a note in the mailbox letting them know the package on
the porch is for USPS.

Our mailboxes are a block from our house, and these mailbox groupings and
package pickup lockers are about every three or four blocks apart in
neighborhoods.

I used to check the mailbox every day, but living in the northwest, in
inclement weather, we've gotten to where mail can just wait hahaha.