[BlindTlk] Packages Left In Bushes

pmdonahue2 at gmail.com pmdonahue2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 15:52:08 UTC 2021

Good morning everyone,

	We've had several occasions where Mary's brother and sister in law
sent us merchandise. The delivery dates came and went without the packages
arriving so we thought. We later found out that the UPS and Fed-X delivery
folks left them in bushes believing they would be safe from porch pirates.
If you can see the packages in the bushes that works well but not so for
blind recipients. Were if it not for our neighbors, apartment maintenance or
Via Trans Drivers finding the packages we never would have known they were
left for us and their possibly being stolen or food spoiling.

	One vendor from which we receive merchandise has delivery
instructions from us that tell them to:

	"Knock or ring doorbell. Do not leave packages in bushes."

	With these rules of engagement in place we've never had trouble with
them leaving packages for us we couldn't find. We thought of putting a note
on our front door telling delivery folks to leave the parcels in front of
our door where they can be easily found and we won't fall prey to porch
pirates. If they knock or ring the doorbell it's further assurance we can
get them inside right away.

	Okay these are ways we thought of to address this issue. Further
suggestions will be most welcome. Happy Holidays everyone.

Peter Donahue