[BlindTlk] Cane length response

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 21:57:30 UTC 2022

You give good insight. Bit depends how fast you walk, how oriented to surrouninhs and even terrain. I also noticed that Ambutech canes are tougher to handle longer. Tips make a difference. I hated my spare cane I had to use for a week. I will nnot leave my NFB cane in someones car again!!!

Last I knew NFB  suggest tip of nose down for lengthz mine is slightly taller because I walk faster.  I walk slower with an Ambutech. I don’t like the heaviness of it. Marshmellow tis are ok, but I hate the other otions for them. I stopped using mine as a kid as it stuck in cracks all the time. WAt 35 I got introduced to NFB canes and have used my cane ever since. Though I’m considered low vision I would have used a cane a lot sooner if I had seen a loghter weight cane as a kid.

Ericka Nelson