[BlindTlk] One-Minute-Video Project for Lyft and Uber denials

Raul Gallegos - NAGDU rgallegos at nagdu.org
Thu Mar 10 02:22:37 UTC 2022

Hello everyone, please share this wherever appropriate.

The National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU), a division of the
National Federation of the Blind (NFB), is collecting stories from
handlers who have been denied rides from Lyft and Uber drivers in video
form from October 1, 2021 through March 31, 2022. Our goal is to put
these videos together to present to the individual rideshare companies
to make them aware that blind people with legitimate guide dogs and
other service animals are still getting denied by drivers all over the
country. You do not have to be a member of the NFB or NAGDU to submit a
video. We ask that the videos are filmed after a denial occurs, not
during. Videos should be no longer than one minute in length and should
describe who you are and the impact of the denial. I.E. did you miss a
doctor’s appointment or were you late to pick up your child from
daycare? By submitting a video, you are giving us permission to share
your information with Lyft and/or Uber. Please contact the NAGDU board
of directors at (346) 439-7444 or board at nagdu.org if you have any
questions or to submit your video.

Read more here: https://www.nagdu.org/one-minute-rideshare-denial-videos/

Thank you.