[BlindTlk] Playing Chess

Brandon A. Olivares programmer2188 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 17:42:28 UTC 2022

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here play chess? I've been getting back into it. I found lichess.org <http://lichess.org/>, which is very accessible (my username is devbanana in case anyone wants to play a game).

However, the issue I find is that it's a lot easier for me to play when I can feel the physical board in front of me. I do have a physical, accessible chess board but when I'm playing multiple games, it's a bit of a pain to keep setting up the pieces to the last position of the game I'm in. I'm currently playing 4 opponents and it's quite irritating to have to keep setting up the board in different configurations.

I thought maybe I'd eventually be able to visualize it enough that I could play it without the physical board, but so far I find that very challenging.

If you play chess, how do you handle this? Would love any suggestions.

Thanks,
Brandon