[BlindTlk] audio description

Jen spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 5 15:38:29 UTC 2022

 The subtitle issue is huge for news reports as well. I had to make a YouTube comment asking what they were for a report about Ukraine.
    On Saturday, November 5, 2022 at 10:47:19 AM EDT, Peter Donahue via BlindTlk <blindtlk at nfbnet.org> wrote:

 Good morning everyone,

    We're curious to know if there are forums for discussing all things
audio description. There's one area where audio description could be
helpful. We often watch videos that include non-English speakers. Their
remarks are captioned in English but aren't available to blind viewers.
Having these presentations voiced by the audio description narrator would
allow blind viewers to know what these individuals are saying. I hope this
area is addressed when future videos are audio described to further enhance
the viewing experience by the blind. Now to know where to share these
concerns so they'll be acted on when videos containing dialog in a foreign
language that are not translated by the program narrator to be heard by
blind viewers of such presentations.

Peter Donahue