[BlindTlk] Sim Cards

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Thu Nov 10 22:19:26 UTC 2022

I got help from a sighted staffmember.  My reason for that is I have a
major fine motor deficit which means I will not be a watchmaker in this
lifetime so couldn't handle things that small myself competently.
As it turned out, I bought a visible wireless card from WalMart and anyone
using visible wireless is supposed to have a sim card also compatible with
verizon so verizon can be used as a secondary line when visible hasn't got
bars in your area.  Visible wireless got me a sim card that was old and
never supported on the verizon network.  So eventually I may visit an AT&T
store to cancel a very expensive account and then visit a verizon store to
get everything set up correctly.  The refurbished iPhone 12 I bought at
WalMart works on the verizon network so will be leaving Android behind on
the phone at least.  The other reason for cancelling the AT&T account is
an investment holding of 80% in One America News AT&T has had since 2018.
Near as I can figure it, One America News threw gasoline on the lit fire
Fox News started and quite possibly contributed to that failed coup
attempt on January 6, 2021.  I worked for the Federal Government for 25
years and I do not appreciate paying for any action of that type.  Another
reason is I'm retired and such a change will help my finances out.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty:
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.