[BlindTlk] email list recommendations

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Nov 21 20:07:18 UTC 2022

For a first time iphone owner, the best bet will be to buy a refurbished
iphone.  WalMart has plenty of them for sale and if this is done, pick
either AT&T or verizon type since each carrier runs on a different kind of
system and phones made for one won't work on the other system.  If
something like an iphone 10 or higher is purchased it has some years left
on it for software and security updates.
When shopping for phones you need to find two dates, the phone's release
date and the phone's end of life date.  Most android phones give only 2
years between those two dates and some being sold now have already had
their end of life dates pass.  When an end of life date has passed, no
more support from the manufacturer is or will be available.
That happened to me with a Motorola G7 so recently I bought an refurbished
iPhone 12 which has an end of life date in the year 2027.
The Motorola I've had for 4 years already.
These dates can be found with google too.

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty:
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.