[BlindTlk] Window 11

Raul Gallegos - NAGDU rgallegos at nagdu.org
Tue Nov 22 17:47:35 UTC 2022

I have upgraded to Windows 11 and I use it on my work computer. However to
be honest, as an end user, I would not recommend it. The only reason I did
it is because of the work I do. Many of my clients who get new computers
this year do not have a choice so Windows 11 is the only thing. I believe
that Windows 10 is still more solid, especially when it comes to audio
drivers and audio hardware. For those who use screen readers, you will
understand the importance of having a good audio working system so that
your speech will work. There are other issues that seem to crop up that are
not strictly related to audio, but also affect the video. Unfortunately,
this has a problem for people using zoomtext or fusion. As a general rule,
Windows 11 has great sounds, has some nifty features like the widgets if
you care about those, and some rearrangement of things that were in
different places with older windows. The taskbar is fixed to the bottom
center of the screen instead of the bottom left corner and it cannot be
changed very easily. I think that Windows 11 still needs to mature a little
more before it is recommended by me for primetime use.
--
Raul Gallegos - President
National Association of Guide Dog Users
346-439-7444 | RGallegos at nagdu.org