[BlindTlk] seeking opinions of the 5th generation Focus 40 braille display

madison.martin2000 at outlook.com madison.martin2000 at outlook.com
Mon Nov 28 05:12:38 UTC 2022

Hi all,
I currently have a 4th generation Focus 40 display but some of the cells are
getting flat and I fear that it may be coming to the end of it's life. Now I
know that there are plenty of 40 cell displays but I'd prefer to stick with the
Focus line as I know that they work well with Jaws. I know that they're fairly
similar but I'd still love to hear from any users who are on this list. Is there
anything that I should know before getting one (aside from the obvious that
they're really expensive)? Are there any potencial issues/problems that I should
be aware of? Are there any differences between the 4th and 5th generations? And
also just overall general impressions of the display. Look forward to reading
any thoughts/info that anyone can provide me!! Thanks
Madison