[BlindTlk] [PhonesForTheBlind] [BlindApples] BARDMobile virtually not usable after System network warning (fwd)

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sat Oct 1 18:29:56 UTC 2022

Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com>
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)

.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 14:26:53
From: Richard Turner <richardr_turner at comcast.net>
To: PhonesForTheBlind at groups.io
Subject: [PhonesForTheBlind] [BlindApples] BARDMobile virtually not usable after
     System network warning

Hello,

After getting a warning this morning that NLS was aware books are taking longer to upload due to some structural changes they are making, etc., and hitting OK to get back to my book, BARD is useless!

There is no rewind button, there is an unlabeled button that ends up being the jump to next part, chapter, etc.  The Fast Forward is labeled FF.

There is no Speed control slider.

None of the tabs along the bottom work.

I cleared the app switcher and rebooted the phone.  Nothing changed.

I deleted the app.

It was a nightmare getting logged back in.  I had to toggle VO off a couple of times to proceed.

Once signed back in, I was able to go to previous downloads and redownload the book, The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett, our book club  book for October.  However, there is no difference.  The app is useless.

IN this case, I found that Bookshare has the same recording, just added on September 28, 2022.  So, I can get back to the book with the same reader in the same lace I was and not having to switch to the synthesized voice since I am used to the reader, and like her very much.

I wrote NLS immediately.

If you get the warning about their network, I hope you don?t end up in the same mess, but I suspect you may.

Richard, USA.

?Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it.?  --  Jane Wagner from The Search for Intelligent Life in the Universe

My web site: https://www.turner42.com

View/Reply Online (#6452): https://groups.io/g/PhonesForTheBlind/message/6452
Group Owner: PhonesForTheBlind+owner at groups.io