[BlindTlk] Welcome to Earth

Sami Osborne sami.j.osborne97 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 18:57:37 UTC 2023

I agree with Debbie and Gary here. Erik Weihenmayer is, in fact, one of my heroes and role models, and has been since at least the age of seven. I've read both of his autobiographies, and really admire him for everything he's been through. As to your statement that "We paid him to drug up the mountain..." I think this pretty much can't be any further from the truth. Mountain climbing and white-water kayaking are two of Erik's passions, and it's what he does for a living; the NFB never forced him to do these things purely for money or attention as you seem to be implying.

Bryan, I need to issue you a stern warning here. I do need to preface that I'm not a list moderator in any capacity. However, this is far from the first time you've gone out of your way to write rude, over the top, and at times seemingly unfounded accusations, and personally attacking others, seemingly without any evidence to support your conclusions. If you have something against a person or thing, there are ways you can express your opinions without being rude or aggressive/being directly confrontational to others. It's absolutely OK to disagree with people, or even to have a controversial belief/opinion that others may disagree with. However, the way to express such viewpoints is to be constructive, and explain yourself, in detail, with facts and evidence which helps supports your claims. This has certainly occurred hundreds upon hundreds on this and other mailing lists, and most people seem to be able to rationally explain/express themselves in a civil, polite manner.

The way you, Bryan, on the other hand choose to express yourself really speaks volumes about you and your character. Again, I'm not a list moderator, so I don't have the authority to do this. But I (and possibly others) on here are just tired of reading your cluttering the list with your baseless and immature rants. Should you feel the need to continue doing this kind of thing, suffice to say I may have to report you to David Andrews so he can consider banning/unsubscribing you from this list.

Thank you for your attention on this matter,

Sami

P.S. Peter, thank you very much for posting the info for this documentary on here. It really does sound fascinating. Just thought I'd say at least one positive thing in my reply, so that way it doesn't seem like my message was intended purely to criticize Bryan. On Apr 8, 2023 2:30 PM, Debbie Wunder via BlindTlk <blindtlk at nfbnet.org> wrote: